Friday, December 2, 2011

God is good.

i know i've already posted today {actually, i scheduled a post last night, so i really haven't posted today}.  however, God spoke to me in such a clear way that i had to share it...

this week i have been under much satanic attack.  i have been anxious, worried, fretting over our future.  nothing about our future is assured at this point.  and in under a month we are no longer on a payroll anywhere. we have a home that needs to sell.  we have kids who are being taken out of a really good, really solid situation.  we are stepping out on faith in a way that is threatening to someone who likes to see solid numbers, solid plans.  last night i got about two hours of sleep, just laying in bed thinking about all the uncertainties.  this week i had a panic attack...it was a real, physical panic attack.  it has just so obviously been satan and his demons.  and then during my quiet times a few minutes ago, God just spoke to me...he assured me that everything about our future is assured. 

Psalm 121

(1) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
(2) My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
(3) He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
(4) Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
(5) The Lord is thy keeper {protector}; the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
(6) The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
(7) The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
(8) The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.

i read my commentary on this chapter and it said..."this psalm fits well against the backdrop of a pilgrimage, for it is concerned with the uncertainties one faces on such a journey.  it moves naturally from the need for help to the promise of God's protection.  verse 1b should probably be retranslated as a question, which is quite permissible.  the psalmist is not looking at the hills as a source of help but as a source of threat or harm.  then he raises the question:  from whence cometh my help?  verse 2 is his immediate answer." {Thomas Nelson KJV Study Bible}

God is so good!  he spoke so clearly to my heart and i had such a peace well up in me when i acknowledged to Him that i believe.  i believe that He is my great protector, my great sustainer, my keeper.  i will not be afraid.  thank you, Lord, for your word and your promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...