Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a fun family

this post is going to show one of the {many} reasons that I love my family.  On Saturday night, Katie & Jeremy hosted their first ever family Halloween party.  Wasn't sure how that was going to go down...I mean, you know, wasn't sure if everyone was going to show up in lame-o costumes...i'll let you check it out and decide for yourself...

I know that this is scary and a little disconcernting...drew and me were vampires, and in our arms is a little ladybug, and in front of us is a butterfly and a cat.  Wierd, I know.  It just kept getting better with the costumes, though...


Lest you think youre eyes are deceiving you, yes, you are looking at a live build-a-bear who is married to joe dirt's sister (right now you're wondering WHY i love my family when they are this strange)...

Amy came in a totally cute costume and made all of us vampires and white trash girls mad...but I'll get to her in a second...voted best dressed at our costume party were definitely my mom & dad...i love this about my crazy parents...they totally got into the spirit of things.  So without further ado, may I introduce you to...


...Michelle & Barack!  I have to say, they brought a good deal of laughs to the party...except for Taylor...she kept on crying when she would look at dad...which is funny, considering who he was...


mom played a great michelle...

and believe me, dad hammed it up as barack...

here i am having a little snack on the cute little flapper...

drew's having a little build-a-bear fun...


the girls in all their halloween finery...

we really had a great time at the party...after we laughed at everyones' costumes, we got comfortable around a little bonfire and had chili & all kinds of delicious sweets, and then we all got our craft on and painted or carved pumpkins.  we also celebrated dad's 56th birthday! 


the girls helping dad open his presents...


i think the president like his new hat that michelle got him!




the night was really so much fun!  so there you have one of the biggest reasons i love my family.  we have so much fun together, and spend time together doing all kinds of fun and wierd things, and everyone has a good time doing it.  thanks, katie, for hosting our first ever halloween party, and thanks, sweet family, for making it such a fun time!!! 

{and for all of the halloween fun, check out my entire album HERE!}  HAPPY TUESDAY!

1 comment:

  1. oh. wow. this seriously made me laugh so hard! your family is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...