Wednesday, May 23, 2012

ruffle pants

so my next sewing project was actually the second thing i ever sewed...this was back when i was taking my sewing class and had help from my instructor.  this was one of my favorite projects, because i not only learned how to read a pattern, but also i learned how to gather ruffles and how to sew a basic pant.  these are all things i will use over & over again! 

i bought the pattern at hobby lobby when they were having their $1.00 pattern sales.  my fabric cost me $4.00, and the elastic cost me $1.99...for a total of approximately $7.00 for boutique-style pants...SCORE!  i LOVE these pants, and lilbit has gotten SOOO many compliments on them...but the most fun part is that i created them for my baby girl!  i love that...

without further ado, project number 2....


oh, wait...sorry, that's just a picture of my adorable child!  project number 2...





i followed a 12 month pattern (which, lilbit is 21 months!), and they still turned out so long that if you look closely above the ruffle, you will see where i had to turn them under and sew an extra seam around them to make them short enough for her to wear.  but that's okay, because it just means she'll get another season to wear them!  yay!!

and all that posing just completely wore lilbit out...


so there you have project number 2...this probably would not be a great beginner project for someone who does not have someone helping them, but since i was lucky enough to have help, it turned out to be a great project!  and now i can add ruffles to EVERYTHING!

can't wait to share project number 3...
happy wednesday!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...