Monday, March 18, 2013

joy

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice; 
let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: 
let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
Psalm 5:11

it is so easy to try to find joy in everything other than the Lord.

drew got me this beautiful yellow rose for valentines day.  to be honest, very often i try to find my joy in drew. i love him so much and find so much joy in him.  but he cannot fill my heart with true, lasting joy.


sometimes i am overwhelmed by how much love i feel for these little girls...there are truly no words to express how much i love my three k's...but when i look deep within, i know that they cannot bring me lasting joy.

neither can anything else that i look to here on this earth...not money, or dresses {do you know that i have an affinity for dresses?  it is kind of a hobby of mine, to collect and buy lovely dresses}, or any perfect decoration for my house...no amount of material possessions or deep love relationship here on this earth can bring true, lasting joy.  sometimes i think that if i can just have that one thing that i have not yet been given, then i will find true joy.  but that is a lie from the enemy.  the truth is that there is only joy in HIM.

i am praying that i will not just KNOW this truth with my mind, but that my HEART will realize this truth.  i am praying that i can truthfully claim what this verses says...

"let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...