Friday, March 15, 2013

morning


i am not an early riser.  i know i've told you that before.  i love my bed.  i love snuggling down underneath the covers, especially in the winter when it's really cold in my room but warm in my bed.  i hate getting up when it's all quiet and still.  i would rather sleep.  BUT i am constantly reminded how very precious the early part of the day is.  i am not at all consistent about this early part of my day being sacrificed for me to meet with Jesus.  i read in my quiet times just this morning:

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; 
in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalm 5:3

the Holy Spirit did his convicting work in my heart and whispered to me, 'get up!' there is much to be learned and gained from that early time of day when my sweet little ones are still sleeping.  before my house turns into loud chaos and craziness.  it's all up to me...will i sacrifice just a little to gain a lot?

praying that i will be obedient to this call to come and meet with my dear savior more consistently.
happy friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...