Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter with the Murphys

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  This year we started a new tradition...every year Drew & I host a 4th of July celebration for my family, and for a couple years now we have talked about how we would like to have something that we host for the Murphy side of the family.  So we decided this year to start having the yearly Easter celebration at our house!  We had a great time, and I'm so glad we decided to start this.

Here's a look at some of our Easter fun...




We had a TON of food...I was upset later that I didn't get a picture of all of the food...I think it was the most I've ever seen at my house at one time!!!  We had burgers and hot dogs, and then all kinds of sides...baked macaroni, baked beans, potato salad, cheese potatoes, chips & dips...all kinds of sweets...lemon ice box pie, banana pudding, blueberry cake - you get the idea...just tons and tons of food.  It was amazing.

The kids (and adults) played outside for a while...







Nana made the kids some Easter baskets with a few of their favorite things inside!  Kenzie was sooo excited to get the second book in the Caroline American Girl series!





We had a small Easter egg hunt for the kids...



Ruthie did a lot of sleeping (and got a lot of spoiling, even especially by me!)


 ...and then we took a family picture!  It has been a long time (too long!) since we've done a Murphy family picture, and I was really glad to get to do this.  We got two good ones...I'm not sure which one I like better, the crazy one or the regular one.  I guess I'll just have to frame both ;)



It was a really great time!

Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...