Monday, May 12, 2014

A craft, a recipe and my current favorites

Well, the title says it all for this post.  It is just total randomness up in here today!

First, I have been busy crafting lately!  Well, let me be completely honest...I have been busy thinking up crafts, and my dad has been busy crafting my ideas.  That's absolutely the best way to craft!!  Lately I have been trying to utilize my space better in my closet (because it is VERY tiny, and has a lot of stuff in it!), and one thing that takes up a lot of space is my jewelry chest.  Recently I saw this post and knew immediately that I wanted to try it - well, again, that I wanted my dad to try it!  So after gathering all the supplies, I took them over to my dad, and he made this...


I was so pleased with how it turned out.  Then I added my jewelry (well, all of my necklaces and some of my bracelets), and I was even more pleased with how it turned out!



Now I just have to figure out what to do with all the rest of my rings, bracelets, watches, and earrings!

On another note, I wanted to share a fabulous recipe...I don't know about you, but the word MEATLOAF has just always been nasty to me.  I don't know why, but every time I hear that, it just makes me want to gag.  It just sounds gross.  But I have to admit, I made the best meatloaf a few nights ago - it was so great I just need to share it!  It came out of this cookbook that I got at Christmas - this is probably my favorite cookbook I've ever owned.  There are so many great recipes in it! Now, I didn't take a picture of the meatloaf, because just like its name, it wouldn't have been pretty.  So yeah.  But if you click on THIS LINK, it will take you right to the recipe (the only thing I do differently is instead of oats, I did crackers crushed up).  I promise you'll want to try it.  It was divine.

Lastly, just a few current favorites of mine...I have seasons where I enjoy looking at lifestyle blogs; sometimes I love to peruse homeschool blogs.  Often I will go through a spell where I only look at home decorating blogs, and other seasons I just take a break from the world wide web.  Currently I am enjoying looking at fashion blogs.  I thought I would share with you a few of the ones that I check out every day right now.  They are diverse, I tell ya...

4.  Sophistifunk 

Although there is a lot of diversity here, I just really like the styles on these blogs.  They're fun to look at (and some are fun to dream that I would dress that way if I had the money, ha!).  

So enough randomness for one post!  
Happy Monday :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my blog!!!! - Maureen :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...