Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Wedding & Applebee's

On Saturday, Drew's cousin (I hate to even type that; I feel like she's my cousin, too)...our cousin (well, that sounds even weirder) - got married.  Kylie & Kenzie were so excited, because they got to be her flower girls!!  

 
 
Kenzie saw a bug on Haley's dress & got mad that I wouldn't let her kick him off...
 
I was a little scared about it being outside, especially since TX temperatures have been in the 110's, but it was a beautiful wedding, and not "hot" at all..it was under a canopy of trees, so there was nice shade.  And there was a great feeling breeze...the Lord just orchestrated it all.  It really was a beautiful wedding.
Maybe I thought the wedding was so beautiful because the bride was so beautiful?

Now, before judging my pictures, just let me explain one thing:  I shot in Manual the whole weekend.  I know; I'm crazy...I went to lunch with a friend who is a professional-style photographer, and she laughed at me and told me/asked me maybe a wedding wasn't the best place to try to perfect my manual settings?  Haha, she was totally right!  A lot of my pictures ended up blurry because I didn't have them on the right setting.  That totally stinks, because I missed some good ones.  On the other hand, I feel like I got some really good pictures, too.  Just wanted to warn you when you see blurry/soft pictures...not being afraid to shoot manual can be bad or good, but one day I'm gonna get it...
LOVED this family picture!  Thank you, Nana, for taking it :)

Making noises with Uncle Larry

Aren't they a beautiful couple?

On another note, I LOVED their backyard!!!  They had a zipline in the back part of their land, and the girls took a turn on it - and NANA took a turn on it!!  The proof's in the pictures, people...she totally wasn't scared...you were an inspiration, Nana (the girls wouldn't go down it until she had)!  
That's not fear you see on that face!

The wedding looked like something out of a magazine, and they pretty much didn't have to do any decorating, because the backyard already looked like something out of Southern Living.

After we left the wedding, as we headed back to Memphis we stopped in Mount Pleasant to eat lunch with Daniel & Julie & Jenna.  That was so much fun!  It was so great to get to see them (even if it wasn't for nearly as long as I would have liked).  They seemed to be doing really great, and Julie's in the final "nesting" phase getting ready for Jett's arrival. 
Greeting Jenna & Julie!

Lilbit decided today would be a good day to try out a straw for the first time!


All in all, it was a great weekend filled with family & happy beginnings...hope your weekend was just as great as ours!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...